Summer is here, and with it comes all of its perks: lazy pool days, late nights, BBQs with friends, farmers markets, and tons of fresh fruits and veggies to name a few.
My family and I live in South Carolina and are blessed with lots of outdoor markets in the summer, which we usually check out on Saturdays. Plus walking is a good form of exercise especially if you’re planning to eat yummy desserts later.
If you love dessert like my family does, you might also be looking for ways to stay fit and still enjoy the occasional desserts. It’s never to late to get in a family fitness groove together.
Peaches are one of my favorite fruits, and I always look for those first. They are perfect for snacks on hot days, as well as for baked treats!
I’ve made peach cobbler a few times already this summer and decided to try out something new. This tart recipe is so easy and soooo good!
Peaches and blueberries are delicious together, but you could sub the blueberries for blackberries or raspberries, too!
Let’s talk about puff pastry for a minute. It’s easy to use, and you can whip up a super simple and delicious dessert in no time with very few ingredients. Perfect for last-minute dinner guests!
Easy and Delicious Peach and Blueberry Tart
I love that this recipe calls for just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Make sure you leave at least a 1-inch border around your puff pastry. I carved a little line with my knife to ensure it puffs up nice and fluffy.
I love it topped with fresh blueberries. Yum!
I let it cool for about 15 minutes before adding the vanilla glaze.
The perfect summer dessert!
- 3 large peaches, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
To make the tart:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Thaw the puff pastry in the fridge until you can unfold it easily.
- Thinly slice peaches, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Add to peaches, and mix well until all are coated.
- Carefully unfold the thawed puff pastry, and place it on prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the peaches in three rows on the pastry, leaving about a 1″ border around the edges. Top with fresh blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the exposed layers of pastry with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crust is puffed up and golden brown.
To make the glaze:
A printable version of this recipe can be found here.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and milk or cream. Drizzle over tart before serving.