Then spread a little Nutella on each one and add some diced strawberries.
Roll em up!
I forgot to take a picture of the egg part but you will dip them in the egg/milk mixture and then fry them in the skillet with butter until browned just like you would regular french toast. Make sure you turn them so that all sides get browned. Then immediately dip them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- Diced strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter for greasing the pan
- Cut the crust from each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
- Place about 1-2 teaspoons of Nutella on one end of the bread strip and top with strawberries. (Cream cheese would be really yummy also!) Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down. Cook until golden brown making sure to turn them so that all sides get cooked, about 2 minutes per side. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Add cooked rolls immediately from the pan to the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll until completely covered in sugar.
- Serve with syrup for dipping if desired.